We sincerely apologize to our members who have experienced delays in accessing our website and call centers. We are working hard to be as responsive as possible to help our members and have provided additional options to access benefits, confirm coverage, print a temporary ID card, pay a bill, or view claims. We’ve compiled a list of your most common questions and ways to get help.
1) I haven’t received my member ID card but need to get one.
If you haven’t received your member ID card in the mail, there are a few ways to obtain a temporary card:
- Print a temporary card by visiting our member portal at ibxpress.com
- Download the IBX app to your smartphone or iPad and log in to view an ID card image.
- Send your information to www.ibx.com/idcard if you have an appointment within the next few days.
2) I don’t have my member ID card but need to fill a prescription.
You can still get prescription drugs that have been prescribed by your doctor even if you have not received your member ID card. Participating pharmacists can confirm coverage through their systems, or you can ask the pharmacist to call the pharmacy plan at 1-888-678-7012 and have them look up the information using member name and date of birth.
3) I have already received prior-authorization for a prescription, but my pharmacist can’t find it in my records.
If you’re a member having trouble filling a prescription because the drug requires prior authorization, there are several options available:
- Ask the pharmacist to call the pharmacy benefits team at 1-888-678-7012 to verify your existing prior authorization.
- You can also call the pharmacy benefits team at 1-888-678-7012 to verify your prior authorization.
- Ask your doctor to fax a new prior authorization form to IBC 1-888-671-5285.
Please note, under IBC’s standard pharmacy policy, you can generally receive a 96-hour supply of the prescription right away. When the new prior authorization is updated, the pharmacy can fill the remainder of the prescription.
4) I’m in an HMO plan and want to select (or change) my Primary Care Physician (PCP).
Members enrolled in one of our HMO plans must select a primary care physician. You can find a list of our full network of doctors on ibx.com and ibxpress.com. There are a few ways to select or change your PCP:
- Send your information to www.ibxpress.com/pickmypcp, a newly established service to expedite PCP selection requests.
- Log into ibxpress.com
- Call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-ASK-BLUE.
You will receive a new member identification card to reflect your PCP choice.
5) My member ID card arrived saying a “Valid PCP Required.” What do I do to change that?
Members enrolled in one of our HMO plans must select a primary care physician. If you receive a card that doesn’t indicate your PCP selection, or says “Valid PCP Required,” please log into ibxpress.com, or call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-ASK-BLUE, to confirm or make your selection. View a list of our network of doctors. You will receive a new member identification card to reflect your PCP choice.
6) I want to register for ibxpress.com.
Members registered on ibxpress.com can print temporary member ID cards, view and pay bills, review claims, and much more. To register for ibxpress.com, you will need your member ID number which can be found on your member ID card, on your invoice (for individual direct pay members), or by calling our Customer Service Team at 1-800-ASK-BLUE.
7) I have questions and would like to talk with someone in Customer Service about my coverage.
Our Customer Service Center is open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., EST. Some of our callers have experienced extended wait times recently given high call volume, but we are working hard to be as responsive as possible to help our members. We know your time is valuable and we’re sorry for any inconvenience. You can reach Customer Service at 1-800-ASK-BLUE.
8) I need to pay my premium but I’m not sure how or when it’s due.
Call 1-855-429-3808 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday to speak to an IBX representative who can verify your payment amount and due date. You can also authorize one of our representatives to process a one-time electronic payment from your bank account .
If you would like to make a payment in person, visit our retail center at 1900 Market Street (near the corner of 20th & Market Streets), Philadelphia, PA 19103 to make your payment 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may pay by cash, check, or money order.
9) I haven’t enrolled in a plan yet but am interested in getting health coverage.
Are you looking to purchase individual or family health insurance? You have until March 31, 2014 to select and enroll in a plan under the new Affordable Care Act. For information on our products please visit our site at ibx4you.com or call our sales center at 1-888-475-6206 to talk with a representative who can help you.
10) I enrolled online but am not sure how to confirm my coverage and eligibility.
If you haven’t received any information from Independence Blue Cross in the mail, and need to confirm your enrollment, please contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-ASK-BLUE and a representative will be glad to assist you. Our Customer Service Center is open until 6 p.m. on weekdays.
11) I went to Walgreens or Rite Aid and they wouldn’t accept my insurance. Can I fill my prescription anywhere?
Some of our medical plans have a “Preferred Pharmacy Network” benefit which means you have access to a smaller pharmacy network with a lower monthly plan cost. But even if you are enrolled in a plan using the Preferred Pharmacy Network, you still have access to more than 50,000 pharmacies, including CVS, Walmart, and Target, along with many local pharmacies.
If you have employer sponsored coverage and have one of these plans, you have a Preferred Pharmacy Network:
- HMO Bronze
- DPOS Bronze
- PPO Bronze HSA Premier
- PPO Bronze HSA
- PPO Bronze HRA Premier
- PPO Bronze HRA
- HMO Gold Proactive
- HMO Silver Proactive
If you are in one of these individual plans, you have a Preferred Pharmacy Network:
- Personal Choice PPO Bronze
- Keystone HMO Bronze
- Personal Choice PPO Bronze Reserve
- Keystone HMO Gold Proactive
- Keystone HMO Silver Proactive
- Personal Choice Catastrophic
If you need help finding an in-network pharmacy nearby, login to ibxpress.com and click on the Go to Rx icon on the upper right side of the screen. Then click the Find a Pharmacy tab at the top of the page and follow the instructions.
Watch this short video for tips on how to save money on your prescription drugs, plus an overview of important plan features such as mail order service and preferred networks.
12) Are the Healthy Lifestyles℠ programs and reimbursements still available?
Yes, we’re committed to helping you take steps to improve or maintain your health, and our Healthy Lifestyles Solutions programs are an important part of that commitment. Members are still eligible for reimbursements for certain healthy lifestyle changes they make. We offer up to $150 reimbursements for fitness center fees, weight management programs, and tobacco cessation programs.